DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 89

Brains and Happiness
Monday, September 26, 2011 7:47 AM

Dear family,

Here I am...the weeks go by seemingly very quickly. We realized yesterday that (as of yesterday) Christmas is in 13 weeks. Woo! Even better, general conference is this week. Studly. Sadly, we have a time change on Saturday night so we lose an extra hour of sleep. Poo. I`m including today, a better pic of me and my comp. Enjoy.

This past week was pretty decent. We are thankfully seeing progress in our area even though it may be only a little bit. We found a couple more new investigators this week, so slowly we`re building up a base of people to visit. The only trick now is getting them to accept commitments and progress. Sadly, the activity that we were going to have this week got postponed...after we had made and given out various invitations. Oots. This week I got letter 87 (the one that actually exists) as well as something that looks like a birthday card. I got Nana`s card as well and a package from Bernie. I`ll send her a letter but you could mention it to her if you talk to her just so she knows that I got it. :)

This week, we met a number of really old people most of which were very stubborn. I`m talking old like 80s and lower 90s. One guy`s dog tried to pee on me during the contact...he lifted up his leg and everything. What a joke. Yesterday we had 2 investigators in church, but nobody we were really expecting. Sigh...I guess we`ll just keep working with them. I`m settling more into my District Leader thing now. I got to do my first baptismal interview on Friday with a really intelligent 12 year old girl. So that was a neat experience. Um what else happened....well life is good overall. Thanks for the birthday wishes, but I in no way feeling like I`m turning 21. What a joke. Tomorrow we have some kind of training thing with President. Hey so I don`t know if I ever told you, but I got a little sticker sent from the DMV a couple weeks back that I stuck to my license to extend it. The end.

Hi welcome to a new story (since the last one finished). I just want you to know that I am still pondering the classes thing. I`ll get back to you in a couple of weeks. I know that classes aren`t chosen until the end of October. Speaking of October...it starts THIS SATURDAY. WOWOWOWOWOW.

I was thinking this morning about how much my testimony has grown during these last couple of months. I think that my biggest growth has come in the last 4 or so months...starting when I got my corto plazo (the kid from Uruguay waiting for a mission call). It was a super difficult change, but looking back it was really good for me. Elder Coon and I have been reading through old conference issues like maniacs. They are awesome. Conference will be the bomb. It`s my last one. I remember Dad saying after my first one how the next one would come before I knew it...that was almost 18 months ago. Sauce.

I`m glad Michael is doing well, but that`s strange about his ward. Oh well. You just gotta work with what you got. Yep, that`s my proper English usage coming out there. :P Tell Nana thanks for the gift. I`ll send her a letter too. Ugh...about the whole shoe thing. I`m determined to make it. I can do it. My feet are really tough. They are studs. I don`t want to have you waste money to send me shoes and then I hardly use them (or don`t use them at all). You helped me out by sending me another box. :D Besides, we`ve had good luck with packages getting through...I don`t want to risk that luck.

So yeah, I have nothing to complain about, not that I tend to complain anyways (not anymore anyways). Next week at this time, conference will be over. :( In case you haven`t been able to tell, I`m excited. Yeppers.

The Lord is blessing us all a ton. He loves us. We are literally His sons and daughters. He more than anybody wants us to succeed in this life and return to Him. We have divine potential. Let us never forget who we are and what we are here to do. The Lord has really blessed me with Spanish. I can effectively communicate exactly what I want to say and people understand me. It`s taken a lot of work, but it`s totally worth it. People think I`m from Spain still. That`s ok. Maybe I should start saying I`m from Spain and just run with it. :) Well my time is running out. Have a wonderful week. Enjoy the few pictures. I love you tons.

Love Always,

DJ

PS. Bernie sent me a little photo album of Nana`s birthday party. Mom, you look really good in those pictures. It looked like you guys had a blast. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment