DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Week 88

Yes we walk

Monday, September 19, 2011 7:45 AM

Dear family,
The subject line has reference to something Dad mentioned. We walk a ton here...mostly because last week we had a small ton of lessons take a nosedive on us and crater. It was sad. Saturday was a particularly rough day. We had some good lessons scheduled (none of which went through), but as we were talking later, we decided that the saddest thing was that people who are clearly ready to embrace the gospel didn`t take the next step and reach out to grab the iron rod. My testimony has grown ever more in these last few months and so it just makes me sad when you see people who could clearly better their lives, by just giving up 20 minutes of their lives to listen to a message, but they don`t. We`re not asking them to sacrifice much...20 minutes and 2 seats on the couch...so that they can have more happiness and joy in their lives. It`s sad, but we keep working. We`re currently doing everything we know how to do in order to foment growth in this area. We are seeing miracles and the Lord is blessing us. We probably just aren`t as patient as we need to be. We had a conference for the leaders last week in Montevideo with President. My comp was invited to go too (his name is Elder Coon by the way) and it was really good. We both got even more excited than we were before. I love President da Silva. He`s amazing. He`s really helped this mission and its missionaries in a load of ways.

We have some potential investigators who could get baptized and then we have other newer ones we`re working with. Commitment, however, is a rather large problem. As for the whole city thing...being in the city basically just means that people are less poor. And yeah, there is more movement as well. It`s not too bad.

Okay lets talk about shoes. I am doing everything I can to get through with what I have. My comp thinks I`m nuts, but I`m going to achieve it. I`m putting cardboard in my shoes so that I have something in between my sock and the pavement. :) I`ve only got 3 and a half more months. I think I can do it, so just hold the shoes until further notice. I may just break down soon, but we`ll see. Hey fyi, I received letter number 85 and my birthday package. So thanks. I haven`t opened it yet. I`ll wait until my birthday (the days go by quick enough anyways).

The big thing that we are doing with the members here is trying to get them to invite the people to listen to the missionaries in the member`s house...or get the members to go with them to church or something. Have you possibly considered that. It was a thought that occurred to me the other day during our conference, so in case it`s the spirit, I`m telling you. The Lord is truly preparing this people to hear the gospel. He knows our weaknesses and will strengthen us. All He asks is that we use our agency and do our best.

Well life continues moving on. Enjoy the pics. The one with the yellow beard is Elder McClellan. I lived with him in my last house. He hijacked my camera and took that picture. :) The one with the pond is a funny picture because there is a sign on the ground with the family name that lives there. Clearly it is a family of frogs or something. :D:D

I love you guys a lot. Mom, have a great time at the relief society thing. Hope everything goes well. And then conference! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I`ll be back next week...same time same place (roughly). Have a wonderful week. Tell Nana not to die yet.

Love Always,
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment