DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 86

Monday, September 5, 2011 8:10 AM

Dear Family...

I AM ATTACHING PICTURES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have conquered that Mount Everest. uh huh git sum. So I gather that you had a pretty good week. I received no emails from my brothers so I`ll just assume that things are going well with school and all. Word.

So I`m still alive. This last change went by incredibly fast...for the first time in my mission it honestly didn`t feel like time for change calls. Updates. I am indeed leaving. I figured so because I had 4 changes here. I am going to actually (strangely enough) take Elder Polera`s place in the area called Piedra Alta in the zone of Florida. You`ll recall that he was my first comp in this area then he left me to go train. So he trained 2 changes and now I`m going to be his oro`s comp. It`ll be his 3rd change and his name is Elder Coon. I met him at the zone conference we had a few weeks back and I`m excited. Also, I will now be a district leader. That should be a new experience. It`ll be cool because I`ve always wanted to do at least one baptismal interview to see what it is like. :)

Yesterday we had 3 investigators in church. Our really good Carlos came (the one who has been to two baptismal services). I love that guy. I`m sad that I won`t be here for his baptism, but they`ll get me a picture. He got a little emotional when I told him that I would be leaving. Then we had another Carlos show up. We had talked to him a few weeks back and given him a Book of Mormon, but then we stopped going by because he wasn`t there. However, if he`s willing to keep his commitments, the gospel can help him out.

About mail...I recall getting 87 and 88 I think they were over the last few weeks. This week I got 2 from Grams and 1 from Calvin finally. And he also gave me his address which is good. I can`t believe I hit 20 months tomorrow and that I turn 21 (how`d that happen) in 25 days. I am however really excited for General Conference in a few weeks. Also, the district leaders are the ones who get the mail to distribute to others so I`ll be getting my mail at a quicker rate now. Yay!

Pic update...the first is of one of the strongest families I`ve met here in Uruguay. He just got released as bishop in another ward (when they moved) and they have 5 kids...all active. We`ve been working together with them to teach a soon-to-be investigator family that live across from them. Then there is a pic of me in the Uruguayan country side. A pic of a Guayan house and a cow and then a pic of me and another couple in our ward who are super awesome...very dedicated with strong testimonies. This ward has some great members.

By the way, Carlos should be getting baptized on the 24th...hopefully with another one too. We`ll see.

So anyways, that`s my life. I`m super excited to go work my pants off in this new area. Only 3 changes left. Ouch. It should be a blast. I`ve really enjoyed the ward here as well as my time here, but I couldn`t stay another 6 weeks. The Lord knew that I think. Thanks for everything. :)

Hope this week goes well for you guys. Have a wonderful 10 year celebration of September 11th. Only 2 months more until 11-11-11.YAY!!!! Love you all. Say hi to all. Word.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment