DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 87

Piedra Alta
Monday, September 12, 2011 7:55 AM

Dear family,

Last Tuesday, I moved from Peach to High Rock. That`s cool. i.e. Durazno to Piedra Alta. So life is good. My new comp is from Bountiful, UT and he`s tight. We are doing well. Sadly this area is destitute and so we basically have to build it up from ground zero. This is the first time that I`ve ever worked in a district so it was interesting yesterday when we had branch conference. The branch seems good...about 60 people in attendance. We´ve gotten started working really hard to gain the confidence of the members. We`re working with a few families to get references and whatnot. Being a district leader is cool, but I don`t have very much time at night anymore. There is another elder companionship and a sister companionship in my district. They`re all doing well and getting along with their comps (the most important part). The zone leaders are cool. I`m just kind of getting used to it all.

We found a couple new investigators this past week...they`re interesting. We`ll see what happens with them. One is blind, but he seems to understand well enough. I got a letter from Elder Bradshaw, my MTC comp who is in the other mission. He is currently in his 8th change in the offices as a financer. That is roughly equivalent to 11 months in the same area. Wow. That`s got to be rough. Elder Wilkey is doing well. He was excited to get a Latino comp to help him with his Spanish a bit more. Elder Dinkel is currently in a zone called Las Piedras and I haven`t seen him for a couple of changes. I might see him soon though since evidently we have some conferences coming up. And speaking of conferences, general conference is in less than 3 weeks. Woo! And it`s my last one out here. Strange. The day before conference I supposedly turn 21, although I don`t believe it. :/

Our ward mission leader here is awesome. He is a returned missionary of 7 months and he`s actually doing things of his own volition to help us. For example he is organizing an activity for the branch and investigators. That`s a first. :D

The house is chill here but needs some serious cleaning. At least it`s not super tiny. My area is basically the downtown area of Florida. It`s different as I`ve not really worked much in the city area before (a little bit in my last area, but that`s it).

I`m just trying to stay focused and work hard. So far I`ve not had many problems. Self-control is key. The pictures are just various families, or scenes, or whatever. I think I included one of my new comp as well.

Um, I don`t know what more to tell you guys. Life is going well. I have overcome that little sickness I had. I`m really excited to work here and help this area out...I just have to manage to keep up that excitement with everything else that goes on. I have really good feelings about this area and my comp is super good. We work well together and we just both want to find people to teach and baptize. He also speaks pretty good Spanish for only being in his 3rd change. Well that`s all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Love always,

DJ

They also have mac and cheese here. :DD:D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment