DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 68

bear bear bear
Monday, May 2, 2011 7:41 AM
Hello family,

As you may have guessed, I am staying here. And I am staying with my comp which I am happy about. We`re pretty excited to finally get something going here. Obviously the Lord has a purpose for us here. We taught less lessons last week in the entire week than I`ve taught before in one day. It was absolutely depressing, but we are working (for as hard as it may be).

Ok so I want to tell about this funny lady we met. We met her about 3 weeks ago. She actually signaled to us in the street because she thought we were selling perfume. She was carrying some heavy things so we helped her. While walking I started talking about the gospel. She said that she thought that everybody should be in one church so she was getting ready to start her own church. Hm. Anyways, we found out she lived in the next area over so we passed the reference to the zone leaders. They went and started to talk to her. Turns out she is way evangelical and her church idea failed two days later, but she showed up the very next Sunday to church with white clothes so she could get baptized right there. Being evangelical, she likes to participate a lot in the meetings. She goes to church every Sunday now, and has a baptismal date. The zone leaders come back all the time with funny stories of her. It`s awesome.

I forgot to tell you last week that I did get the letter with the photos of Japan and last week I got letter 66, I think it was (the one sent by pouch). We got no mail this week because of changes.

WELCOME TO MAY

I have no pictures.

That`s super sweet about Michael`s mission call. Communicate to him my congrats.

It`s been raining like a small baby here. We`ve had this storm for like four days now. It is the booty, so consequently both my comp and I are stuffed up like huge teddy bears. My comp looked like a corpse yesterday in church. I`ve never felt so unproductive in my life as yesterday morning. It was a Sunday morning, in addition it was a national holiday, and then it was raining and cold. Combine all that with the fact that the Uruguayans are generally unfriendly with religion. It was a terrible morning, end of story.

Hope you guys have a great first week of May.

You know what`s sad....sarcasm doesn`t really exist down here. Frowny face. :(

Anyhoo, have a great week. I love you lots. Give loves to Velvet. :D

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment