DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 71

May 23, 2011

Woo! We`re still here which means that the world didn`t end on May 21, 2011 like they thought it would. PS: I don`t know if that was a big deal up where you guys live, but people down here were freaking out because some evangelical said the world was going to end on Sunday. Looks like he was wrong.

So Hi,

I am currently sitting in a room typing on a computer. Please take the time to visualize this in your mind. *pause* You may be done visualizing now. Life continues in the same rhythm as it`s been...sadly. But on the plus side, we had a really awesome stake conference yesterday. I think it`s the best one I`ve ever been too, and it really helped me as well, because quite frankly this whole business of working and working and working without anything happening is kind of depressing. There were some really good talks and whatnot, so I was pleased.

We were at district meeting last week and afterwards we were cooking lunch. And my comp wanted to make "tuco" which is the version of spaghetti sauce here with hotdogs. All I could think of was Mark`s story from college and so I refused to let him put the hotdogs in under penalty of being beaten by Nana. :) We just put vegetables instead.

I really do love missionary work. Stake conference yesterday really helped me to realize how much I love it and how important it is.

What is Scott doing for the homeland security? Better question...what is his major/career choice?

Well, ok, basically. This was the news for today (see subject line for date). Hope it was interesting and well-received. You may slap me like a redheaded stepchild when I get home for not sending pictures. Have a wonderful week in this last week of school. Woo hoo! Now Chris will be an upperclassmen. Yay!

Take care of yourselves. I love you (honey) bunches (of oats).

Love Always,

DJ
Hey...wanna buy a sundial?
Monday, May 23, 2011 7:50 AM
I think my emails must be fairly interesting to read. At least you can hear my personality. The end.

ps...4 cool points to whoever guesses the movie the quote comes from in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment