DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 70

Bubbles!
Monday, May 16, 2011 7:49 AM
Dear family,

I am once again writing to you because such is my lot in life. :)

So, the lady I told you about is supposed to get baptized on the 28th. How cool is that? Maybe that`s why the Lord sent me here...so I could pass that reference on to the other missionaries. I don`t know.

We were going door-to-door last night and we contacted this older guy who had lost his wife about a year and a half ago. The poor guy has so much bitterness and resentment stored in his heart and he doesn`t want to do anything about it. He stopped believing in God because she died. It was really sad. I told him that we (as missionaries) had no idea what he had gone through or what he was going through, but we were positive that the message we had would help him, but he doesn`t want to accept help. He just wants to wallow in self pity. I really wish people would be more receptive to the gospel. If only they knew how much it would help them.

As of right now, we really don`t have any solid investigators (still), although we periodically find potentials (that is, people who could potentially become investigators). I`ve never seen such a dearth of success with constant hard work and effort. It`s bizarre.

To answer Dad`s questions...there are about 190 missionaries in the mission, I think, in 11 zones. It`s a pretty large mission. Um, well let`s see.

Those are my interesting stories and details for now. Too bad about the Byrd scholarship. Oots. Hope you have a good week. When does Chris finish school? Enjoy life. Love you guys lots.

Love Always,

DJ

ps...say hi to Travis when you see him.

pps...I apologize for the rather dull and boring email. The important thing is that I`m alive, safe, and well....and happy too. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment