DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Week 46

Failsauce

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:48 PM
Hey family,

Well as you have noticed, I definitely did not get pday on Monday this week. There was some conference for all the leaders yesterday and so our pday got moved to today. It really is unfortunate because it messes up my routine and our week. Not to mention that our zone leaders moved our district meeting this morning to be a half an hour later than usual so we spent almost the first hour of our pday doing district meeting related activities.

Happy birthday Mom!! Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So anyways we had to work yesterday and it was unfortunate because my body thought it should be pday the entire day and it was really really difficult to get any kind of motivation. Now today it doèsn`t feel like pday at all. Basically this all means that this week will probably feel like an eternity because it always does when we have pdays on Tuesday. Ugh.

Anyways, how are all you guys. Hope Thanksgiving was awesomely sick in the best way possible. For me it was just another day in the mission although I did realize that it was Thanksgiving on Thursday. Hopefully Tom was nice and cooperative and cooked himself nicely. That`s also cool that you were able to visit with all the family. Good stuff. Oh, also good news that the box arrived...you`ll have noticed Travis` letter. so yes I did get letter 40 it seems, but I received no comic. and today I received no mail other than another postcard from Chicago from dad. I don`t know why mail is so fail in this zone. Your guess is as good as mine.

I wore my new awesome shoes for the first time today. Wow they are awesome. I took some comparison pictures for you guys. I was thinking about those shoes I have...it`s likely that they have seen at least 2000 kilometers of walking, possibly more. I`m going to try to make it through to the end without you guys having to send another pair but I honestly don`t know if that`ll be possible. Don`t buy any more shoes now obviously, just be understanding if sometime next summer (for you guys) you get another email from your crazy Uruguayan missionary. :)

Ok, so references (referrals) here are very scarce. and the majority of the references that we do get come from other missionaries who happened to contact somebody who lives in a different area. We do get them every once in a while from the members which is good, but we have to do a lot of door contacting and stuff. The Church really just lacks development down here...that`s a big problem. I sometimes wonder how missions are in the states where they have developed wards and people with generations in the church and stuff. That is a big difference between here and the States.

But our investigators continue to progress....we had 4 in church again on Sunday and our baptism got confirmed. I figure that as long as they are gaining a testimony and fulfilling the commitments we leave (things like go to church ,read , pray, etc.) we`re doing our job. We`re trying to put baptismal dates with people, but they seem a little bit reluctant. We`ll see what happens.

So life in the mission is good...although sometimes I get frustrated. I`m just trying to be more patient and understanding.

It seriously does not feel like Christmas time at all...for obvious reasons, i.e. mission, hot, etc. The kids have a weird tradition here. Fireworks are huge here during this time of the year so all the kids stand outside the local stores asking for money for Judas...they have like a doll thing that is supposed to represent Judas or something, I dunno, but they use the money to buy fireworks. It gets kind of annoying when all the way down the street people are asking you for money for Judas. It`s just a tradition they have here. :D

Well that’s all I got for now. Hopefully I`ll be back next Monday. Happy December. Have a good week.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment