DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 45

boxes

Monday, November 22, 2010 12:17 PM
WOO HOO!

Hi to everybody...family, friends, enemies and corpses. We have successfully received 2 boxes...I repeat 2 boxes have been received successfully. Although I haven`t opened them yet because we just came from playing soccer at the stake center. I`ll assume that you included no bombs and thank you for everything in advance. :)

Well it feels like roughly an eternity since I last wrote even though it`s only been 6 days. For some unknown/hidden reason, the week of changes always feels like 7 lifetimes, but it`s over now...thank goodness. I think it is because I get out of my routine (you all know how much I love change). Regardless, it was a pretty good week. We had a baptism yesterday (pictures attached) of a young girl who was baptized by her father. It was really cool and we had it after church yesterday since the mom works late on Saturdays. Good stuff. We had 3 investigators in church yesterday. The other couple who came last week couldn`t come because they were taking care of grandkids or something. That other couple is still doing awesome though...they are really fighting to find the truth and gain a testimony. They want to know, so they`ll get an answer sooner or later.

Last Tuesday we were doing contacts and contacted a young lady who told us to visit her house (as she was working at this other house where we found her) on Friday. We went on Friday and she was working, but we met her husband who told us to come back the following day. So we went back Saturday and managed to sit down and have a lesson with them. They had studied with missionaries about 2 years ago and the first things they told us were ¨we want you to teach us because we want to get baptized and raise our daughters in the correct way.¨ Can you say wow? I`d definitely say that the Lord has been preparing them. Now my comp and I just have to do our part so the Lord can use us as His instruments. There are a few obstacles they have to clear...getting married and stopping smoking, but they said they know they have to and they are willing to do so. Cool stuff.

We also found a young lady who had also studied with the missionaries a while ago (had gone to church and everything) but she found what she claims to be discrepancies between the Book of Mormon and the Bible and so she is now studying with another church. Anyways, she is willing to meet with us so we`re going to try to help her. I`ll keep you guys posted on this one too.

Other than that, we`re still plugging along with the people we have. They are progressing, but slowly. There are a few who won`t accept a firm date for baptism, but have desires to get baptized, so we`ll see if we can`t help them to accept at least a goal in the future. At least a goal gives them something to progress towards.

Ok, so 2 pictures are of the baptism (one with us and one without obviously) and the other is kind of random. I found English gospel material in our house. It always surprises me to see stuff like that in English, but anyways, I took a picture for randomness sake. you can see the Spanish and the English one side by side. Enjoy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GRANDMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so remember that I told you that I sent that box out last week, well last minute I shoved a letter I had written to Travis in there because they wouldn`t let me send it separately with the tape on the back...Could you send it out? Please and thank you. Also, just FYI, we almost had our pday switched to Tuesday this week for a conference. I just want to let you know that that is a possibility and you should not freak out if by chance you do not receive an email on some Monday. Do not freak out until Wednesday or Thursday. :D

So anyways, life is good. My comp and I are doing good. He`s really a good kid and a good worker. Thanks again for the packages. Oh I also got a postcard from Dad and letter 42 and a couple letters from Grandma. Good times. Sauce.

WHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOF.

Um...that`s pretty much all I have for now. Have a good Thanksgiving with all of the family. Holidays basically don`t exist here because every day just becomes another day in the mission field. Oh and yes we`ll be able to talk on Christmas. :)

Lurves you all tons and monkeys.

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment