DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 47

bubbles

Monday, December 6, 2010 2:17 PM
Hey family,

First of all, I want to apologize for the general lack of pictures this week...mostly because (as I have explained before) I am possibly in the most boring zone in the mission. Oh well, what can you do. However as far as seeing other missionaries on pday, we usually play soccer in the stake center so we see a handful there. We didn`t play today, however, as our phone line was cut and we couldn`t coordinate anything. Oops.

Anyways, life is good. Well I`m doing well for the most part. I enjoyed your emails. also, I`ll be sending that birthday note along in a letter here soon...just wanted you to see it on your birthday. Just FYI, and yeah the shoes are something wonderful aren`t they. I`d be willing to bet that the old pair of shoes has 1500+ miles of wear and tear...yeah you can probably bet that any shoe no matter the model or make will wear down after that. :D

Ok, so we were stung with a little bit of bad news today. We had a lesson with our golden family (they have now come to church 3 times and they came to the Ward`s baptism on Saturday). We were under the impression (evidently incorrectly) that they were married. Uberfail. So they totally can`t get baptized this month either. I think we are now teaching either one or both members of 7 or 8 different couples that cannot get baptized until they get married...and at least one is waiting for a divorce (which takes even longer). It drives me absolutely crazy. It`s a huge struggle we have here.

And yes, Dad is completely right. I have no concept of it being less than 3 weeks until Christmas. There are decorations and stuff...not a lot but they exist...but it doesn`t matter, because it`s really hard to imagine Christmas when 1) I`m focusing on the missionary work and 2) I`m leaking liquid from every pore in my body (aka...sweating). So yeah. hopefully next week I`ll be able to give you some concrete details about the phone call. I`m fairly certain that we have a 5 hour difference right now so we`ll work with that. Details to come.

Also no mail this week because we`ll get it tomorrow at district meeting and I`ll inform you in a week. This zone appears to be pit city for mail...I dunno, if it`s like that in other places.

Congrats to Patrick as student of the month. Hey when is the last day of the semester. Just curious.

So moral of the story for this area is that we have investigators, but it`s really hard to set dates for baptism and stuff because they aren`t married. As you can tell, this annoys me. Rawr.

Well, I`m going to finish off this email for today. It`s been good talking with you. Next time don`t be so quiet when I`m conversing with you. :P I`ll be here next week. Word and um, have a great week. Life is good and don`t you forget it. Hope you guys have a White Christmas...because I sure won`t. :D hopefully I`ll have good news next week with regards to having received mail...we can hope for a miracle right? Ok, take care. Say hi to everybody or you can say puppies if you feel so inclined. The people might be slightly more confused, but whatever. Whofwhofwhofwhofwhofwhofwhof.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment