DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Week 49

BUBBLES!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Good news...I have pictures and mail! WOO HOO! I got some mail at district meeting last week and then some more at the mission conference we had last Friday. Details coming soon. So I got letters 45 and 46 as well as 2 little packages that supposedly have CDs in them. Also a littler box, and a box that says shirts, and I also got a box as well from Bernie and Tom who are awesome. I have not opened them yet as I suppose they are for Christmas so I`ll open them on Saturday, but this is to let you know that I have them. Thanks in advance...I`ll be able to thank you guys more specifically next week. :D

Ok, so with regards to the mission conference, it was super great. I really enjoyed being able to see all of the missionaries and it was pretty special because there were some good testimonies and musical numbers and stuff and President was able to clear up a tiny bit some of the confusion in the mission. But it was really nice...although it still doesn`t feel like Christmas. It`s really hard to feel a lot of the Christmas spirit when your face is melting off day after day. :)

As far as the investigators go...they`re doing well. We had 2 of our investigators in church yesterday which was cool. It was a nice day though so I wish more of them had come. Oh well. it`s a struggle sometimes. I`m really super stoked for changes… because I have a bunch of ideas that i want to put into practice...things that will allow us to be more obedient and do things in the Lord`s way and not our own way. I guess there are close to 20 North Americans getting ready to come out this change (that`s what I heard anyway) so I`m thinking that if I`m meant to change, it`ll probably (hopefully) be this change. :) We`ll see what the Lord has planned out for me.


Quick pic update. The first two are random pics of me. :) the next one is one of the conference we had, taken during lunch. then a pic with me and Elder Sosa, my last comp. And then a pic of me with a good friend who finishes his mission in a week and another elder who snuck into the background and was with me in the MTC. Elder Wilde is in front and Elder Simpson is the one who snuck in back and then I also included a picture of my stack of awesomeness, aka boxes. :)

Ok, so I just attached another pic of the conference. good stuff....

Um, so let`s see what else...I dunno. The mission is treating me well. I`m trying to work my hardest and always improve which is really all the Lord expects. He doesn`t expect immediate perfection...He just wants constant effort and improvement. I look back at where I was about a year ago and it`s so much different. Even I can see the differences and the changes and like you know, it`s not easy for a person to see changes in himself, so that means these changes must be substantial. I`ve mostly noticed it in my testimony and whatnot. The experiences of the mission give me the opportunity to see families and individuals in a variety of settings, which allows me to learn things and think about what I would do in such a situation. Basically, I`m acquiring a ton of lessons that are going to help me stay firm and active after the mission as well as raise a family in the gospel. It`s freaking sweet. And the best part is that the Lord teaches me all of this without my trying. I just work hard trying to teach people the gospel and the Lord does His thing to change me into who I need to be for the future. Good stuff, that is.

Well, I hope you guys and everybody else I know have a great Christmas. I`ll look forward to talking with you guys on Saturday. Say hi and Merry Christmas to those I know...and even to those I don`t . :P Hope Christmas vacations are good and hopefully you`ll get some snow. Thanks for everything. Have a great week. :D

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment