DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Week 44

monkey monkey monkey boy

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:35 AM
Family family family.

Goobers goobers goobers. Anyways, I`m currently here in Tres Cruces, not because we got changed but because we came to talk to the other missionaries for a bit. I`m staying with my comp, Elder Matamoros, another change in Prosperidad. I just want to work hard and share the gospel.

Speaking of sharing the gospel, with the investigators we have, we`re doing well. Our awesome couple came to church on Sunday. Woo! And as it worked out, the lesson in the Gospel Principles class was tithing. As such, we had to actually spend yesterday`s visit explaining tithing as well. It worked out well and I think they understood it...at least it didn`t scare them away. I have complete faith that they will be awesome and get baptized. HOORAY! As far as finding new people to teach, it`s become very hard. People don`t even want to talk to us, let alone listen to us. It makes it a bit difficult. We`re going to have to try some new techniques to find people. yeppers.

Ok, so apparently, Holly and Scott are going there for Thanksgiving...that`s what I got from your emails anyways. Cool stuff.

And no I haven`t gotten any mail...around change day, the mail gets all screwed up....hopefully next week or the week after. And why didn`t you like the phone call at 3:15? :P Silly Mom.

Ok, as far as food....I`m getting enough to eat yeah, for the most part, but I`m not going to lie, I`m really looking forward to having 3 solid meals a day again. That`s for sure, but yeah, I eat enough....that is to say, I`m not dead yet. :D

But yeah, our Branch here is awesome. The members are great and I realized the other day that even though they aren`t as experienced in the gospel, they are just the same as back home...hard working people trying to raise good families and fulfill their callings. They`re really awesome. I had to give a talk Sunday on missionary work but I centered it on charity. I think I had prepared about 30 minutes of material but only had 10, so needless to say I didn`t use it all. It was a good talk anyways.

Pics...1 is this change zone pic. Then a pic of the highway with my comp`s head...taken from a busstop. another is of the trash on the ground that is EVERYWHERE. You get used to it. Then a pic of me in front of the church sign. :D and a pic of the vandalism in the church. Some people broke in, deactivated the alarm and broke everything that had a lock . This is the secretary`s office. They didn`t steal much, just destroyed a lot of stuff.

Well that`s all for now. Thanks for everything. Hope this was a good report this week. Word sauce. LOVE YOU ALL. Iggledy jiggledy.

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment