DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Week 43

chinese fireballs are giggly

Monday, November 1, 2010

Oh fiddle sticks. This keyboard leaves something (ok a lot of things) to be desired. I apologize in advance for random things you may encounter while reading.

Hi family of mine,

This past week was pretty good and went by seemingly very fast. And now it`s November. Woo hoo! So let`s see. Regrettably we had no investigators in church yesterday, which is kind of weird because we have this one family who comes every week (they are waiting to get divorced in order to get married and baptized). They must have gotten sick or something. But yeah, church was good. There was a really good lesson on missionary work which hopefully will help our ward to get more pumped. The rest of the week was good as well with relatively little problems. Um...I`m not sure what all to relate. Oh, I did pee in a bucket in the side room of an investigator`s house in front of some pet birds. That was weird. I had to pee because her bathroom was under construction or something like that...so she gave me a bucket and a room. BIZARRE. Didn`t think that would ever be on my list of things done in the flesh.

Let me answer your questions while I think of what else to write. Um. First of all, sometimes you people give me updates on other family member`s conditions without giving me the problem in the first place. E.g. I had no idea Grandpa had cancer on his head...let alone that it was removed (and now I find out it was incomplete). Also, I knew nothing about Vince. So yeah, I appreciate the updates, but sometimes I get a tiny bit lost. That aside, I enjoy having the family updates even though sometimes I can`t make sense of them. :D Um, we already changed clocks...a couple weeks ago, so we`re actually 4 hours different right now, but when you guys change it`ll be 5, yes that is correct.

You also want to know a little bit more about my comp. He`s from Honduras...the southern part. He has 19 months in the mission (he`s the 3rd comp I`ve had that has completed 19 months with me) and is the oldest of I forgot how many siblings. He`s a funny kid, and we`re having a good time together. Amazingly enough, He`s not even the hardest comp I`ve had. :P

Quick pic update. the Uruguayan barbecue thing is called an Asado. The meat is like that and when it`s finished it looks like that. I think you can distinguish between those 2 pics. The last pic is a random one of me. Regrettably, seeing as I`m back in this zone, there ain`t a whole lot to take pictures of. WHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOFWHOF. I`ll try to give you as many good pictures as possible. :)

Yep so the work is plugging along. We hope to put baptismal dates with 3 more people this week. We`ll see what happens. Oh yeah, we`re going to the temple this Thursday and then we have zone conference after that. Should be a really good time. At this rate I`ll go one more time before coming home (if they continue the streak of every 10 months), but I`m excited. It`s good stuff. I`ll let you know how it went next week.

It continues to get hotter although right now it`s pretty nice. Lots of wind...it`s like a small hurricane (a very tiny one).

Since you guys are talking to Aunt Margaret so much, tell her thanks for her package. I got it today and it`s awesome. she sent me really useful things that I was actually needing/wanting...including mac and cheese. :D:D:D:D:D

Ok. I`m out of things to write about. Sorry for the dull and boring letter. I don`t know what happened, but I just can`t think of anything (interesting) to write about. Next week I should have more, hopefully. Thanks for everything. You guys are da bomb BOOM.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment