DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 43

I`m running out of witty subject lines
Mon, November 8, 2010

Greetings and salutations to those family members of mine...and if you ain`t family by blood, you are family by puppies.

Hey hey hey hey HEY! How`s life going in the cold and getting colder northern hemisphere? Here in the hot and (sadly) getting hotter hemisphere we are all dying. Or maybe just me. I`ve decided that I`m certain that we`ll all see each other again. I just don`t know if it`ll be when I get home...or by you guys coming here to see my melted guts on some street in Uruguay. Yep yep yep.

This past week was good. Like you already know, we went to the temple and had zone conference on Thursday. Both were good experiences, it was cool in Spanish and it was definitely a neat experience. It`s all good. The zone conference was good, but shorter than usual which is sad because I was looking forward to more learning. Oh well, can`t have everything your way.

FYI, well 2 FYI’s, we have changes next week so the email will be on Tuesday and I`m not sending pics today because quite frankly, interesting pictures are hard to come by here. I`ll try to get some to you next week.

So remember Nana`s chicken cutlets...yep they pretty much have those here, but they`re called milanesas and are of chicken, cow meat, or fish. Oh man, they are awesome. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! That`s my story. The end.

Um, yes mail is slower now because I don`t get mail for the week until the following week on Tuesday at district meeting, which means I have to wait 6 more days to open it until pday again. So ps, I got no mail this week. I`ll get it tomorrow. Consequently, I can`t update you on what letters or packages I received. As far as needs/wants, I really have none. I`m seriously doing awesome out here. No worries...except the heat. Maybe you could talk to somebody about turning down the heat. :P

So the really awesome couple that Elder Sosa and I found in Minas got baptized this past weekend. Elder Sosa said it was amazing and they are so strong. Poo. I wanted to be there. I have yet to find and baptize the same person. :/ Hopefully it`ll happen here. Regrettably, our investigators had a bowlful of fail yesterday for breakfast and none of them came to church. I was sad because we were expecting 4 or 5 solid ones. It was a really nice day too.

We do have one new investigator we found who was taught everything about a year ago. Since then she has lost pretty much everything, but she says it`s the trial that God put her through to prove her. Now all she wants to do is get baptized and she already has a good testimony. The only obstacle is that she has no job. So she has no money to take the bus to get to church. So we`re working on finding her a job. Yeppers.

Yes this area is rather poor in general. We eat with members about half the time which is alright. Italian food does not really exist here. It`s all Uruguayan food, but it`s all good. I love it.

So yeah. I`ll include some more possible package items next week, just in case. But I`m doing well in general. Not having any problems and time is flying. I`m really looking forward to April...when it starts cooling down again. Heck ya!

Yep, that`s all. Everyday I`m out here I realize more and more just how perfect the Plan of Salvation is. That`s something I`ve really been thinking a lot about lately. It`s so perfect and I`m so glad we have it. There really was no other way to do it, no other way at all. That`s my discovery for the week.

Well take care everybody. Next Tuesday I`ll write and give you updates on changes...if I change at all. Have fun. SAUCE SAUCE SAUCE

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment