DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 93

Hi

Monday, October 24, 2011 6:59 AM

Dear family,

Here I am. Thanks for your emails. This week was pretty good and we`re really seeing a lot of good things happening in our area. We`re pretty excited. We`ve got a fair number of lessons set up with potential new investigators (that rarely ever happens...usually they just say come back another day and we have to try our luck). Elder Craynor is a stud. He`s got 6 months in the mission and he`s from Ogden. We`re doing well together. I included a picture. I`m barely taller. Git sum. :D

Ramon will be getting baptized this Saturday so that`s pretty exciting. That other new family was planning on going to church, but didn`t make it yesterday for some reason. We`re going tomorrow so we`ll figure out what happened. They’re still up for baptism for the 12th of November. I`m enjoying being DL (district leader). It`s been a good experience. We found out that we`ll be going to the temple on the 3rd. So I figure that that day will be the very latest day that we`ll have to wait to decide on a sure date with President da Silva. I`m kind of assuming he`ll call me soon, but that may be not entirely accurate. As far as the endorsement thing...I don`t figure that I`ll apply for the MTC until this semester (and then start working over the summer or something, I don’t know, so I can get him to possibly do the endorsement afterwards. We`ll see. I can always talk to him about it.

I attached various pictures for your viewing pleasure. I do inform you that Christmas is 9 weeks from yesterday. It`s kind of weird knowing that I have so few weeks left because weeks pass by so quickly. It`s all very strange, but I`m just trying to remain focused.

I got mail this week, a couple letters from grandma and I think one from mom, but I don`t remember the number...does 90 make sense? So what does Nana want to do then...is she going to be there for Christmas? How long is she going to stay? How does that all work. Keep me posted on my living situation. :) Have a wonderful week. I love you all tons.

Love always,

DJ

PS: If neither Arabic nor Italian are available for my school schedule, we`ll have to figure something else out. I figure I might as well start right back in on languages when I get back. I don’t know. I need to think about it more. I plan on doing a life-evaluation as soon as I get home and off the mission so that I can figure out where I`m going with life.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment