DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 91

Hi

Monday, October 10, 2011 7:50 AM

Dear family,

I, sadly, do not have any pictures this week. Anyways, how are you guys? Thanks for the emails. I got a letter this week from mom...I think it`s 89. I haven`t opened it yet, but I know that it is more than just a letter. It had something in it. Anyhoo, I also finally got a letter from Kyle, so that`s cool.

This week was really good. Elder Coon and I had decided to put forth more focused goals and then really really work to get our goals. Some of them we reached and we were super close on others, so that just made us feel good. It`s nice to have accomplishments. We should be having a baptism next week (assuming I don`t leave this area). His name is Ramon (I can`t recall if I told you about him before). He lives kind of at the edge of town in a shack place. He more or less lives out in nature, I suppose. I don’t know. His wife has died, but she was a member. His friend that also lives with him on this property is actually a less active Melchizedek Priesthood holder. The whole thing has really been a miracle. Missionaries had talked with Ramon before but I guess it wasn`t his moment. Last week we invited him to live the word of wisdom and stop smoking and he hasn`t smoked since. He eats mints when he gets the urge (reminds me of Grandpapa and his raisins). They both went to church yesterday and the whole branch (it seemed like) was excited to see Pedro there (his friend). It`s amazing because with Pedro we didn`t really do anything. He just felt the Spirit I guess. We didn`t even know he was a member. A couple of weeks ago when we went for a visit, we gave Pedro a wave inviting him to join us. He shook his finger at us saying no, but a few minutes later he comes over with his chair and his hymn book. It was then that we found out he`s a member. Since then he started reading the Book of Mormon again (without us saying anything) and he self-committed himself to go to church and went. How cool is that. It`s pretty awesome.

Other than that, we`re working hard with the various investigators we have and trying really hard to find more. We`re also trying our best to work with the members here. For some unknown and assuredly obscure reason, the branch presidency is in love with the idea of splits. I don`t understand. They are relatively pointless if there aren`t scheduled lessons. Anyhoo, we`re working with it. My companion is a stud. We get change calls in 6 days which is crazy. When I think that I may have to get to know another comp, it boggles my mind because it honestly doesn`t feel like I`ve been with Coon very long. PS Bernard is a stud.

These last few days, we`ve strangely not had a lot of scheduled appointments so we`ve been walking like fools. It`s insane how much we`ve walked. It also hasn`t helped a ton that the weather has been crazy and it rains/pours on and off. Oh well.

My license is extended for a year, or 90 days after I get back into the country, whichever comes first. I`m glad you had fun at the football game. If Coon told me correctly, this week`s game is against Oregon State. If you watch it, keep an eye out for number 71 (I`m pretty sure) which is Elder Mau Nomani (or should be).

Well thanks for all that you do. I`m doing well. I love you tons. Next week we`ll know what is happening for changes. Woo!

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment