DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 92

Brains
Monday, October 17, 2011 7:38 AM

Dear family,

I just realized that I brought my SD card with me today, but I had not put any new pictures on it. Fail. Actually, that may be a lie. Hold on. Nope it`s not a lie. No pictures this week. Ok. So first of all, this week was really good, in that we are super excited. Sadly, Elder Coon will be leaving. My new comp is named Elder Craner. He`s from Elder Coon`s group so he knows him. Said he`s from Utah. Anyhoo, this last week we saw some more miracles. (I`m still District Leader by the way). On Tuesday we had interviews. At the interviews the sister missionaries gave us a reference. We went by on Wednesday and found a mother living with 6 kids. The mother had gone to church a lot years ago but never got baptized. And somehow (this is the miracle) the 14 year old daughter got interested in the church and wanted to listen to the lessons. We`re confused, but we figure it must be divine intervention to get us into that house. Otherwise, how else would a girl just randomly decide she wants to listen to missionaries. We had passed by that house several times going to other places and I also told myself that someday I would knock it because people always waved from the window when we walked past. There were a couple times that the girl even tried to hail us down but we walk too fast. So I was too thick-skulled, so the Lord had to use another way. Anyways, we enlisted a family in our ward to help us. They have a 12 year old daughter. We went on Saturday and the mom and daughter accepted the baptismal challenge for the 12th of November and then the member family went by on Sunday and took the daughter and a brother to church. Woo! In sacrament meeting, I just got this feeling that the Lord has a special love for this family and a special purpose. My job is to be a worthy instrument in His hands.

Ramon`s family randomly showed up yesterday (and they come once every 4 months or so) so he didn`t make it to church. He`ll get baptized next week. But he`s doing well. It`s amazing. He just accepted tithing without any problem. It`s super awesome. The ward is good. We`re getting help, which is solid.

Um, yeah, life is good. We`re getting warmer and warmer days now. My only consolation is that I won`t be here for the brunt of it. :D Woo Hoo! What are Nana`s plans? Is she still planning on going to GJ for Christmas, I don’t know. Thanks for Patrick`s address. Um yeah. I love you guys lots. I appreciate all you do for me. Have a wonderful week.

Love Always,
DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment