DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 20

monkey

Monday, May 24, 2010 10:54 AM

woo?

Hello all. Glad to hear you received the SD card, not so cool about the whole erase thingy. Um, yeah, those were other pictures. I opened a new card, right, and took pictures for you guys. So my "actual pictures" we`ll say, are still on the card I have here. It`s really weird that it got erased though because Elder Nomani has sent his home and not had any problems.

Have fun with Bernie and Tom this week.

Um, the weather here is bizarre, yeah. It`s ridiculously warm for the end of May (or so it seems). It did, however, rain this morning and I got to use my boot things. woo!

So the work here is kind of exploding. This past week we had 35 lessons, but the best part was that we had 9 investigators in church and 5 of those have a baptismal date. We also had one of our less active families that we focus on in church. We have 5 less active families that we focus on. and up until yesterday, none of them had ever come, but yesterday one of the families came. It was sweet. Let`s see..and the other elders had 5 in church, so between the 4 of us, we had 14 investigators, plus various recent converts and menos activos who don`t often come. Church was packed. :)

We have no baptisms this week, but we have two next week, provided they can get married before then without much problem. Then 2 more lined up for the following week, and one the week after that. Good stuff. and we keep finding new people to teach too. We contacted one lady on Saturday. We managed to teach her the first lesson at her gate and when we were done, she said something to the effect of "look how many times I`ve ignored or dismissed you guys and now that I`ve listened, I`ve been given something that interests me". so we`ll see where that goes, but it`s encouraging.

I haven’t received anything other than one letter from grandma for 3 weeks. I think there is a lag now because they are changing addresses.

Thanks again for sending the jacket. I`ll more than likely get it at the next zone conference in 3 weeks. That`s my guess. Also, I`m pretty certain that we`ll be staying together here for another change, which is great by me. We work well together, He`s a fun guy and I want to be here for the baptisms.

Anyways, cool about Patrick. I didn`t know they were going to Chicago now. Weird. Also congrats to Chris on his permit.

School here is bizarre. From what I can tell, it`s only obligatory up until 12 years of age. After that it`s optional, and I think you kinda pick what you want to study (kind of a mix between high school and college). Anyways, some kids go half time and some go full time. I don`t know why the distinction exists or what the advantages of either are, but school runs from beginning of March until the end of November or beginning of December I think. They have a break of about 3 weeks in July (equivalent to Christmas break) and a break of a week or so in September (spring break more or less). It`s pretty similar in that respect, from what I`ve heard.

Anyhoo...I have nothing else for now. Have fun with Bernie and Tom and say hi to them for me. hopefully I`ll get some mail tomorrow...hopefully. Sauce. Take care.

Love always,


DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment