DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 19

Goober

Monday, May 17, 2010 11:09 AM

Goober Goober Goober,

Ooglie booglie, sauce. Anyways, hello again to all. Welcome to the second half of May...tomorrow starts week 5 of this change. I`m hoping/thinking that me and my comp will be together another change. Right now, the work is getting set to explode. This area used to be the promised land, but then it kinda slowed down. I think what happened was the area got some trucho missionaries (we call them), missionaries who don`t really want to work too hard / aren`t too obedient. Because this area is seriously full of people ready for the gospel. This past week we had lots of lessons with people, most of those with investigators and the others with recent converts or less actives. But yeah...I`m hoping we stay here the both of us because we should have some solid baptisms this next change. Hoping. We keep finding people in new areas who are ready to listen to us. It`s awesome. So yeah, we`re excited.

We too, had stake conference yesterday. That was nice. Good stuff. The funniest part is when they try to pronounce the apostles names.

Well, I did get the package with the boot things. Woo!

I think I seriously underestimated how cold it would be here...and I forgot that the houses wouldn`t have heaters. They`re not much warmer, just without the wind. We do have a little heater thing for emergencies but it sucks energy so we prefer to bundle if possible.

So they have a weird custom here with trees. Evidently every winter they cut off all of the branches....as in cut off. Thus there are a bunch of trees here that have really old trunks and then newer stumps up top and then nothing because every year they cut it off. Weird.

You did put the new address on the blog, I assume. Probably a good idea, if you haven`t yet.

Um, I have nothing else to bring to the table. Thanks so much for the mail and packages and email. I feel loved (and rightly so)...have a great week to all.

Love always,

DJ


PS: My comp is Tongan and there is a Samoan in my district...Grandma told me one of the missionaries there is Samoan. Just fun fact for the day. Woo Polynesia!

No comments:

Post a Comment