DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 18

woo!

Monday, May 10, 2010 4:58 PM

`Family people of mine,

Ah, it`s been a long time. It was nice to talk to you guys yesterday. I enjoyed it, and from the sounds of your emails, the feelings are reciprocated.

Um, as of next week, district meetings will change back to the way they used to be. It doesn`t make a whole lot of sense to me, and we lose a substantial amount of time this way, but what can you do. So we`ll have 3 hours of work time on Monday. It`s scheduled for the night time, but that is about as effective as trying to do contacts by throwing rocks at people, so we might move those 3 hours to the morning before Pday starts...dunno yet.

I forgot to tell you guys about Mate (pronounced MAH-tay). it`s the biggest thing here, and everybody drinks it. Basically it is grass with sugar (optional) and hot water. And you drink it through a metal straw. I kid you not. That is pretty much the national sport. People get up, drink mate, work for a couple hours, take a 3 hour siesta, work a little bit more, and have fun before going to bed. Mind you, they are pretty much drinking mate constantly during the day. There`ll be times during the day when people just sit around drinking mate. The best is when they say that they can`t talk/listen to us because they are busy (drinking mate and doing nothing).

So yeah, good stuff there. Halfway through another change, we are...crazy stuff. I was thinking...Christmas doesn`t seem that far away, not really anyways...and when I call on Christmas, I`ll have less than a year left. Weird, huh? Yeah, I thought so too.

I really don`t have a whole lot to relate today because of the phone call yesterday. I hope everybody is doing well, especially the grandparents. I`m glad that Grandma was there for the call, that was nice.

Have a great week. Enjoy those busy lives of yours and the wonderfully warm weather that you are taking from the southern hemisphere. Pbbbbbb.

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment