DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week 8

last one from the MTC

Thursday, March 4, 2010 6:24 PM

Hola family,

This is the last email you will receive from me while I sojourn here at the MTC. Cheers. All is going well, but this last week went by pretty slowly. Not gonna lie. I think it´s probably because I am so excited to get out into the field, as scary/weird as that will be.

I´m glad to hear that you are now sending stuff to Uruguay. That is good news, but even if things arrive after I leave, they will forward them...eventually.

No, I did not feel the earthquake here. More than likely it is because I am on the completely opposite side of the country, but hey, who knows. I did not realize that Doug was in Santiago...I thought he was in Guatemala. Hm. Anyways, he comes home this summer right? Crazy.

Oh before I forget, I am going to be sending a picture home as well as letters for Calvin and probably Travis. Could you please send them on to their various destinations (not the picture, that´s yours). Thanks. It´s not feasible for me to send international mail here. Anyways, the picture I´m sending is of our group at the MTC. You can scan it and put it on the computer

So I was thinking the other day about how lucky we are to have the gospel. I don´t know how we got to be so lucky, but we are. Anyways, I hope that you are using my being gone as a chance to share the gospel with others. Not too many people will pay 10,000 dollars to sacrifice 2 years of their lives to get nothing material or concrete out of it. Anyways, that´s my thought for the day. My only one too...not too much going on upstairs.

Oh, so good news, I played frisbee today on my ankles and did not hurt them anymore. Definitely a successful day, and it was fun playing. They are pretty much both back to their normal sizes now so that is good.

Proselyting was good last week. We have a couple of appointments set up for this Saturday so we´ll see if the people are there and let us in or not. Either way, we had some good success last week in people being willing to listen to us. Hopefully we can have some more on this my last Saturday. It´s hard to believe that this is my 8th time going out, and that I´m getting ready to leave.

Anyways, nobody told me how Patrick´s Cottonball went, but I did get Chris´s email about track. I´m glad that they are doing a lot of stretches.

I´m going to miss the comforts of the MTC (such as the food, it´s been so much better these last couple of weeks, as well as beds and washing machines and stuff), but it´ll be a good experience heading out. I´m hoping that I get a good trainer.

Um, there´s not much else I can think of. Please send my regards to everybody who wishes them, and even to those who don´t. I hope the grandparents are all doing well. Please tell Grandma that I got her letter this week. Oh I also receieved #8. Muchas thanks. (That muchas was intentional, btw).

Like I said before, I don´t know when PDay is in the field so I don´t know when you´ll hear from me next, but I´ll let you know how the transition goes.

I hope this finds you well. Have a great week.

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment