DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 11

RAWR

Monday, March 22, 2010 6:28 PM

hello all!

Well life is good here for the most part. Let`s answer some questions first. I only got one piece of mail last Tuesday and it was Dad`s blank inside card (thanks for the pic). I think my mail is still kind of in limbo between the MTC and here. Hopefully the system will get fixed. I know I have mail somewhere I just don`t know where that somewhere is. In other news, we did not actually have the baptism last week. There were some complications in holding the interview which is alright since we didn`t feel she was completely ready yet. This week it will be. Yes, I am getting more and more adjusted to life here. I feel like not much surprises me anymore. We found a dead mouse on the floor in our house, a large spider in my suitcase, and a cockroach the size of Connecticut, so things just happen and I just say "huh, that`s interesting"

For food, I eat breakfast in the morning, lunch in the early afternoon, and dinner at night. ;) for breakfast and dinner I have a bowl or two of cereal and most every lunch is provided by members and they are really good with a lot of food. Wow, it`s good stuff. Mostly so far, it has been pasta in or with a kind of sauce (with meat, veggies, or whatever) good stuff, seriously. The grocery stores are all different kinds...in general, they aren`t a whole lot different from us, except more outdoor like and you can`t trust the fruit too much.

Anyways the weather has cooled off a little bit, which is nice. I`ve been having some small issues with respiration because of the load of smoke here. Compared to here, Colorado burns nothing. So that compounded with the change of season and general acclimatization is kinda getting to me. I`ve used my inhaler a couple of times. Nothing to worry about and it`s going away, so yeah. um, we do a lot of teaching and some tracting. We`re supposed to have at least 20 contacts a day so sometimes we do tracting for those. We found several good investigators last week so hopefully they will continue on with lessons and whatnot. The area book seems well-kept, at least ours from what I can tell.

Ok, I think that`s all of your stuff. Uruguay is really interesting in that there are motos everywhere. for every car I see, I see about 5 motos and 3 buses. It`s crazy. Oh, so crazy story, my shoes have decided that they are going to start splitting a little bit along the bottom. nothing to worry about though because I purchased epoxy and plan to cement them back together. :) They`re in great shape except for the split between the rubbers. I think it might be the humidity.

Oh they also have pretty much all carbonated drinks down here (even carbonated water, they call it aqua con gas, which is really bizarre tasting) so I`m kinda erupting inside all of the time. I didn`t hardly drink any carbonation before here. So yeah.

Oh, so Uruguay is generally beautiful and the people here are wonderful, however I think everybody here is missing at least one tooth, many are missing many many teeth. :)

Yesterday we got a huge rain storm...there was a little bit of lightning and thunder, but it was straight rain for about 3 hours. when we got back to the house, there was one spot about the size of my fist or so that was dry on my top. the rest of me was completely soaked. everything. I had been carrying my rain jacket around for a couple of days but it hadn`t rained. so I took it out and then got drenched. Not smart.

Life is good here in general. I`m learning lots, it`s all good. We had a medical exam for visas today and I got to see my old district so that was fun. Good times. They have really good trainers it sounds like. It`s good stuff. Have a great week, sauce monkeys.

Love,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment