DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week 83


Bananas

Monday, August 15, 2011 7:46 AM

Dear family,

This computer is driving me bonkers. If you get the pics I`m sending, it`s a miracle.

This week was pretty good. We had one baptism on Saturday and we did it together with two other wards so we had a three ward baptism with one baptism each. It was really good. Franco (the kid who got baptized) was super happy. There are a couple pictures. Or there should be.

Let`s see. Life is pretty good. We`ve started working more closely with families in the ward, trying to help them get more involved in missionary work. It`s going well. There is this really awesome family (one of the stronger ones). He was recently released as bishop and now they are both temple workers. Their 5 kids are all active as well, one return missionary. So we went on Saturday morning and they fed us pancakes and then we started working with them. I`ve got really good feelings. We were definitely inspired to go visit them and talk about missionary work. Turns out that they are already working off and on with some people and so we`ll be able to help them share the gospel more effectively. Most members really want to share the gospel, but don`t know how. That`s where our work comes in. We teach them how to do it. We`ll continue working with more and more families, which is good because we don`t have a lot of people to teach right now and we`ve hit a tiny dry run. We`re working through it. The good thing is that I feel really good about how things are going.

Happy birthday to Grandpa on Thursday.

My comp is doing well. He`s understanding and speaking more and more every day. He seems to be adjusting pretty well. He`s a really funny kid. I enjoy it because he says things differently and they sound funny. For example, he doesn`t say "go pee" he says "take a wee." It`s wonderful. And the zone leaders we live with are obviously good so we all get along well. Last Monday we played soccer and we were sore until Thursday. We`re playing again here shortly. The Lord is protecting me nicely so that I do not sprain my ankle. Knock on wood. (or touch wood as my comp would say).

You should tell Nana that I only have 4 and a half months left and she can do nothing that will put her life in danger. We`re so close. :D

This past week has been a tiny bit strange. It passed by slowly and really super quickly all at the same time. Sorry for the lack of interesting stuff in this week`s email. But hey at least you have pics. I loved the packages. I`m about ready to make a ray grow. That should be interesting in our little house.

Um, well that`s what I got for now. I don`t know for sure, but we might have another baptism in 2 or 3 weeks. We`ll see how things work out.

Have a wonderful week. I feel like this email has been scatterbrained. I hope you like it. Love you all.

Love

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment