DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 81

Chinese waterfalls
Monday, August 1, 2011 7:48 AM
Dear Family,

I`m currently in Montevideo because my comp has medical stuff (being new in the country and all) so I`m typing this email on a terrible keyboard. Yay.

So updates. My last comp`s name was Bruno Contrera. I left him in the bus station on Tuesday and then went to the mission home. My new awesome comp is Elder Wilkey from Portsmouth England. :D:D:D He`s awesome. So now in addition to the email I sent last week, there is now one more kid from Spain and 2 from England (my comp and another). And next change there will be another Englishman as well. I`m attaching a pic of me and my comp. He`s a stud. He speaks pretty good Spanish for it being his first week. He doesn’t give himself enough credit. We’re getting along really well and he’s got a lot of desires to work.

Church was good yesterday. We had about 75 people which was good and 2 investigators. We`re teaching 2 part member families right now, the kids of which should be getting baptized in the next couple of weeks. We`ll see. It`s kind of hectic. And then yesterday in church, this contact we had made showed up. We contacted this guy a couple of weeks ago and he promised to go to church. The 17th he was going to go but he locked his keys in the car. And then the 24th was Father’s day. So yesterday he showed up for all 3 hours. After the meeting, I went to talk to him and he said See you next Sunday. I then set up an appointment as well to pass by tomorrow. It`s great. I guess he liked it. He knows a lot about the church and he told us in the contact that he`s really open, but it`s really hard to convince him. :D

I got a letter from Dad and I think it`s number 78 this last week along with two little envelope packages. I haven`t opened them yet because I left at 6:30 this morning. So I`ll thank you in advance. In the box I got from the stake were various snacks and candy as well as some drawings from little kids (or so it appeared). It was really cool.

Hey weird about the kid from Tooele. There were 2 missionaries from that place in my mission. They just went home last Wednesday. You should ask him if he knows Kyle Pratt or Jared Mangelson. I`m assuming he does since Tooele is not a huge city.

Anyhoo, I am grateful for the opportunities the Lord is giving me. Obviously the Lord has trust in me enough for me to train other missionaries. I realize that it is also a huge responsibility. I`m just trying to do the best that I know how to do.

I can`t believe we`re in August already. I turn 21 next month. Actually it`s a lie. I still feel 19. :) Have a wonderful week. I love you all bunches.

Love Always

DJ (the sexy spanish-speaking stud)

No comments:

Post a Comment