DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 65

Umk.
Monday, April 11, 2011 9:13 AM
Hi Family,

Well, here we are. Thanks for the emails. That`s cool that Patrick has his housing and everything all set up for BYU next Fall. And congrats to Chris on the track meet.

Anyways, life is good. I can`t complain too much. We played soccer again. It was pretty enjoyable and I continue my streak of not getting hurt. Whew.

Our area is cool (I`ve attached pics of the house and the street where we live). Slowly we`re finding people. Elder Polera and I are racking our brains to try to help the work.

So Durazno is bizarre in the sense the animals walk around free all over the place (I`m talking livestock here). We see cows and horses all the time just roaming and diverting traffic and getting into people`s yards and eating their grass and plants. It`s so bizarre. We get a huge kick out of it. We saw some 90 year old man shooing them away very poorly. I giggled.

Hey thanks for sending the talk. I`ll be able to print it off here. Well, I don`t really have a lot that I want to mention. Life pretty much just is flying by. It`s crazy. Ok, let`s answer questions.

I work in Barrio Yi (pronounced like ´she´). We are the only two missionaries in our ward. In the city of Durazno there are four wards. Then there are missionaries in Trinidad, Carmen, Sarandi del Yi, Paso de los Toros, and Charrua. All of these areas comprise the Durazno stake. There are two chapels in the city here, two wards share each. The stake center is the one that is not mine.

Well, hope you enjoy the rather boring pictures. Have a good week. Love you guys lots.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment