DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Week 64

Bowiggity
Monday, April 4, 2011 9:47 AM
Well howdy doody to the fam fam fam.

I`m trying to think of clever (or bizarre) new ways to open my letters. :) First of all, thanks to Dad for sending me that bit about the other missionaries who are there. That was really cool. It`s always nice to know that efforts are not wasted. I`m glad that what we left them is being of use to them. I don`t know if I had told you, but I had left 8 handwritten pages of instructions, directions, and whatever else was important. I`m super happy that things are still going there...which is sadly more than we can say about this area. Sidenote, the Rio Negro that was mentioned in General Conference is a tributary of the Amazon. Um, so yeah. This area is cool, but it is in desperate need of help and my comp and I are racking our brains trying to do something. We`d be happy with just one solid investigator. We have been having some pretty rough days lately so hopefully that means that it`ll be followed by some really good days.

Conference was super good (and super fast) like always. There were some really good talks. It was interesting yesterday and Saturday because we go out and work between conference. It`s so sad that people just downright refuse our message of *joy* and aren`t even aware (nor care) that the prophet of the living God was speaking to the whole world yesterday. In between conference sessions, we just tried to tell as many people as we talked to about the conference, but nobody showed up. Oh well. Their loss.

As far as conference, the only downside was that we had some small issues with transmissions and during the Sunday morning session, the only full talk we caught was the prophet´s (so that was a blessing). Priesthood session was just absolutely great. Word.

Okay, well that`s pretty much all I have for today. My comp and I are getting along well. We`re just trying to help this area.

Have a great week. Thanks for everything. No I don`t need toothbrushes nor money. Toothbrushes were sent to me by Aunt Margaret. Also got letter 62 this week. And I play piano in zone conferences if necessary, but there are a fair number of missionaries who play. Anyways, take care. I love you guys.

Love,
DJ

ps...sorry about the lack of pictures...next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment