DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 59

February 28, 2011

Hey family,

Well sadly, y´all be hugely disappointed because I have no pictures to send yet again. Oots, and the other huge disappointment is going to come in the form of extra spaces in my typing because sadly, key boards here leave a lot to be desired. Another oots.

On the plus side, life is good. We had a super awesome week this past week. We had 8 in church, but that was without two of our star couples so we could have easily had 12. The less actives are finding hard motivation to get to church, but we`re working constantly with them anyways. This key board is aweful, ugh, but I`m tired of hitting the backspace key so cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it. :D

Anyways, as I was saying, our week felt like one constant spiritual high...

....so yeah, we had a bunch of spiritual lessons. Each month in the mission we have a goal of baptisms for each area. My comp and I really prayed about what we should put as our goal and so we put 6. We`re now going to continue working hard to accomplish that. It`s really possible because of a few things. First, Maria Elena and Gualberto have now overcome the desire to not get married (finally) and have agreed to do so, thus allowing further progression in the gospel. and we received information last week from our newly called ward mission leader that people can go to another city a little bit farther north (but out of the department of Montevideo) and get married in 2 weeks instead of 2 months. HOORAY! It is the happy happy. Let`s see...we also found a cool little family of a mother and 4 kids (3 of which are baptism age). We`re hoping to get them taught too. They accepted the challenge to read and pray about the Book of Mormon during the first lesson. We had a good lesson with a less active who was baptized 22 years ago, but promptly went inactive. She was saying that the Book of Mormon doesn`t answer the questions she has...so the Spirit promptly communicated to us to use Enos and Alma 32 from the Book of Mormon to prove that it does. I know it was revelation, because as soon as she read a few verses, she answered her own question and continued reading without us saying anything at all. We truly are instruments in the hands of the Lord.

Funny story...last week we saw 3 people on a motorcycle (not unusual since I`ve seen up to 6), but the bizarre part was that said family also had a full grown Labrador Retriever with them on said motorcycle. Wow.

Oh, another lesson we had was with this less active couple who is actually sealed in the temple, but they aren`t doing anything for their salvation right now. So we were really nice and left them reading material.

Hey did anything happen with NASA or the NASA program. Somebody down here was saying that NASA had been shut down, but we all know how reliable the news is....especially in Uruguay.

Wonderful news...I was going through my suitcases today and discovered that mold had attacked some clothes. Oh well, don`t worry about it. I`m just going to wash them with bleach and whatnot. Good stuff.

I swear I don`t have epilepsy, even though my typing would lead you to believe otherwise.

Congrats to BYU for beating SDSU. What is BYU`s record and when does March madness start?

So, have a good first week of March. I`ll be back in a week to send another email. Shocking, today is my 60th pday. woo hoo! have a great lifetime. When`s Spring break? Classes here start tomorrow. Thankfully, Summer is coming to an end, which means that I`ll get to freeze soon. WHEE! I`ll be fine. I got warm clothes coming out of my ears. :D Peace to the out, yos.

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment