DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Week 58

Cookies are happy

Monday, February 21, 2011 12:30 PM
Hello family from your favorite southern hemisphere dweller.

Well here we are again. Life is happy. This past week was pretty good, but it went by fairly quickly. We had zone conference on Thursday, that was really good. It was a double zone conference so I got to see some friends from the other zone. Those articles Mom sent actually helped to explain some things (or helped to explain why we`re doing and focusing on certain things). Speaking of which, I got letters 56 and 57 as well as the card with pictures. More to come later. Back to the zone conference. It was definitely enjoyable. It`s sad to think that I only have a small handful left...that thought struck me the other day. I`ve decided that it`s kind of difficult to leave home and all of that stuff behind, but not too hard because you know that after a small period of time, you`ll have it all back. It`s 3 billion times more difficult to leave the mission, because you`re not likely to have anything like it ever again..

Speaking of the pictures, Chris looks good without braces, although regrettably he no longer looks like the person I knew, and he seems to be huge (as compared to the fridge). wow....and evidently it was no haircut November as well for Patrick.

So, investigators......this week was full of ups and downs. One of our really good couples who was all set to go last week to get everything ready for the marriage is dropping off the radar. The reason is that he is out of work, so last Monday, he took up a job far away from home where he works for 15 days and is home for 2. He gets home the 1st, but then probably leaves right away again. So we`re going with the Branch President tomorrow to talk to the wife to see if we can work something out. I feel like we`ve done all we can with the knowledge we have, so we`re praying that the Lord literally puts His hand in and helps us out. On top of that, it was bad weather (well not terrible, but enough to scare the Uruguayans) so we only had 4 investigators in church. Well technically, only one is a person we`re actually teaching. The other 3 were family members of others. So yep, it was very interesting this past week.

There are no pictures this week either. Sorry.

I am doing well. I don`t need anything. This is the last week of February (already), so it should start to get cooler here within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully. There was at least one day last week that was so hot and humid and with no wind, that I thought we were just going to melt into a puddle. Hooray.

My comp is doing well. He`s really improving with the language. Oh hey, we finally got a Ward Mission leader. I don`t remember if I told you this...so hopefully we`ll be able to get some baptisms or something. We are eating about the same from members, except that this week we have food lined up everyday for the first time. Cool stuff. And I`ve only had two of my comps finish their mission. One last October (the Tongan football player) and one finished 2 weeks ago (the first Hondurian). My trainer finishes this change (so a month from now) along with the other Hondurian. So next change, I`ll just have 2 of my comps still in the mission (well and whoever is my comp next change).

I have no idea how close I am right now to the Montivedeo West Mission, but I think it`s not too far. We share the department of Montevideo with the other mission...just don`t know where. Brazil is about 6 hours from my area by bus. I`m (still) on the outskirts of Montevideo. I should be able to get to know a new area next change.

Well that`s all for today. Have a great last week of February. Hope you enjoyed skiing today. I`ll be back next week with more happy news from the southern hemisphere. HOORAY!

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment