DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week 56

SURPRISE!
Monday, February 7, 2011 1:06 PM
Well, family, welcome to MONDAY. yep. things were all changed around and now I am here writing to you on Monday.

Speaking of which, I didn`t get any package from my brothers, are you sure you packed it? What was it?

So, good news is that I am definitely staying here for a 4th change and I am super stoked. You have no idea how happy I was when I got the call (see 2 Nephi 2:25). My comp and I are going to have a blast. So I don`t know how Elder Sluder managed to alert his family...oh it must be because he is a zone leader and found out before Monday last week. aha. So yeah, changes have now been changed and are now change^2 (that`s change squared). Changes, if we have them, are on Tuesday still but it`s a whole lot quicker now. All the missionaries with changes go to the chapel of the assistants and there they change and go right back to their areas to work. A little bit tougher for the incoming missionaries now. They get into Uruguay to go right into 5 or 6 hours of work. Oh well.

I have no pictures this week because I neglected to charge the battery on my camera and we really didn`t do much that was interesting anyways. I`ll get some for next week. No fears. I`m glad you enjoyed last week`s pictures.

Hey by the way, I forgot to mention thank you for the g2 pens. That should last me until the end of the mission. You guys are awesome.

Let`s see...as far as the work goes. It`s going. We had some really solid lessons this last week that really helped some people to take a step in their progression. We had one couple that was keeping all of their commitments and everything, but was hemming and hawing about the whole marriage decision. But we managed to reach a point last week where they said they are going to make a definite decision. This is good and I feel like they`re going to make the decision to get married. Hope so. The other couple that we have (the closest ones to baptism) have run into some hard times, but are persevering and are planning on going to get a marriage date this week...hopefully tomorrow.

Patrick never told me when I asked him about the laptop. Is it still running and working well. and is Cy dead? Tell him I`m going to beat him like a red-headed step child if he doesn`t write to me soon.

To answer Dad`s question about the weather (how odd that he would be the one to ask about the weather...hmmm). January and February are the two most beastly months but thankfully we do have a day here and there that is cooler or windier. As long as there is a tiny breeze, things are good and it`s bearable. The absolute worst is when it is dead still. Ugh.
With regards to the shoes...which saved pair are you talking about? The good pair or the destroyed pair. I`m saving the good pair because they do not match anything but my one pair of blue pants. I haven`t completely lost my sense of fashion. and I`m saving a destroyed pair to have as souvenir. :) I`m going to do everything in my power to not have you guys send another pair of shoes, but it is a small possibility. I`m sure you won`t have a problem with that. Besides shoes, I`m good for the mission (unless of course something drastic happens). I`ve got a brand new white shirt on. Wow. I haven`t seen something this white in a long time. :)

Well I`m pretty much running out of time/things to say. Hey just got the email about the postcard thing. I`d love to do it provided that I can find a postcard. I`m not sure if they exist around here. I`ll do my best to find one.

Okey dokey. Well that`s all for today. Hope you all have a wonderful life of sauce in the second week of February. I lurves you all berry berry mooch.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment