DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, January 3, 2011

Week 51

Welcome to 2000 a billion

Monday, January 3, 2011 12:35 PM
Hey giggle monkeys,

Here we are in mister 2011. Although I`m pretty sure I`m going to get home and still be in 2010. Time change doesn`t really seem to affect me down here. It never felt like Christmas and it never felt like the new year. Yet here we are. Juice.

So, life is pretty much rocking in pretty much every way. My comp is the bomb. We are having a blast together and working the area. The holidays make it a lot more difficult to work around here because everything shuts down and what not, but even with the new year and festivities, we managed to have more lessons than ever before in this area (well since I`ve been here). And we had 5 investigators in church. However, possibly even better than that was that 3 less active families came to church. We had almost 60 people in Church and keep in mind that I had never seen over 40 before. :D So yeah, Elder Dinkel is a stud. We did find a couple new people to teach, but because of the holidays we actually formed a sizeable list of people who told us to come back after the holidays. We`re hoping to reap the benefits of that this week.

Words can not honestly or adequately explain how happy I am to be with my comp. It`s super to have spiritual lessons and be deserving of miracles and blessings. It is the giggles.

In other news, I found a super tasty strawberry jelly down here so I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...as seen in one of the photos. Also included a photo of my peanut butter and oreos, a picture of your favorite missionary, and a picture of the last change`s zone here.

So yeah, life is great as long as the mission just lets us do our thing. My comp, like I said, is a beast and he`s super fun to be with. We`re working really hard to be obedient and be deserving of the Lord`s blessing. Good stuff. Tell Grandma and Grandpa thanks for the Christmas gift. I`ve been eating better because my comp and I actually eat together and share stuff, which seems to be working out well. I`ve actually been eating something for breakfast every day. Hooray!

Speaking of Cy, how is that fool doing? Tell the monkey to send me a letter. It`s been an eternity.

So yeah, the work is good. People are learning and progressing and we`re really working hard to have some baptisms this month. It would be super for sure. Oh and also, as soon as you get those shoes, send them please. I think my second pair that I brought originally will last until February. So that means that I`ll finish out the mission with these 2 pairs you`ve sent me. Good stuff. Hooray for the mission destroying shoes! Yay!

Oh also tell Nana thank you for me. I wrote a letter to Bernie and Tom today that I`ll get sent out this week hopefully. Beans.

Well, have a great week. When I write you guys next week, I`ll be on the downward side of things. I`ll have over one year in the mission. Brussel Sprouts. Don`t do anything that will kill you. It`s generally best to stay away from those things. That`s the weekly advice. You dudes are the best. :)

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment