DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 52

First full week of two thousand eleven

Monday, January 10, 2011 12:31 PM
Hello again family of mine,

Well, what did you all do in this first fine week of 2011...I hope it was filled with kittens and gumballs. Before I forget, Happy upcoming anniversary Mom and Dad. Hooray for 22 years. Uh huh, git sum.

Well life here has been pretty good. To answer the obvious question, yes it is still beastly hot but I`ve gotten used to it and it really doesn`t bother me. My comp`s not having too hard of a problem either, although he does carry around a water bottle and his nose got roasty toastied. Let`s see next question, yesterday we had 51 people in church, which is pretty good, even though it`s not as high as last week`s 57. We had 7 investigators in church, although only 5 are actually true investigators, the other 2 are just nonmembers of baptism age (sisters of a member) that potentially could be investigators in the future. We did not however have any less active families there. Poo.

Well, last Wednesday at district meeting, I finally got mail. I got letters 47,48,49,50 as well as a small hoard of other mail. Dad`s card arrived with the comic. Oh and please tell the Davis family thank you for their card...I didn`t have time to get a letter written. So yeah, good stuff...a card from Ricky and Chuck, Nana, Amber and Brad, Kim Diemer, the Davis family, some from Grams and the quarterly update from Bishop. It was hopping.

Congrats to Chris on his paper. That was super cool and I really liked the paper. It was pretty clever. Also, how come I had never heard that Sister Rock served a mission. Where was the information hiding? Good beans. How long have we known them?

My comp and I are working well. We`ve been having a little bit of difficulties with lessons falling through on us. We don`t know why, but hopefully we can figure something out to help fix it. I`m really enjoying just working hard and whatnot.

So yeah, we`re doing awesome together. I hope we stay two changes together because it`s so nice working with an obedient companion. He comes from a family of 5 including the parents. He is the oldest with one sister and one brother. I don`t know how long he has lived in Nephi, but his grandfather is Bishop Larsen of some Grand Junction ward...idk if you know him or not. If you do know him, that`s cool and kind of weird all at the same time.

So yep, life is the shizniz. I`m really enjoying it. We`re just working hard, trying to have the Lord bless us with baptisms. We`ll see what happens.

Well, I was going to send you a picture today of a mate cup...mate is the huge pasttime drink here. People have it EVERYWHERE, but the computer isn`t recognizing my card so well. I bought one as a souvenir. I also bought a new umbrella since my other one broke. I went to a supermarket so I could use my debit card.

Ok, I have nothing else to say. Sorry for the boring emails. Unfortunately the farther I get into the mission, the less things change and there are less new things to announce. Welcome to life. Hope everybody has a good week. Monkey.

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment