DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Week 23

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Monday, June 14, 2010 1:09 PM

Family of mine!

As you may gather from the subject line, I received packages. Woot! I got the box with the coat and stuff as well as the two envelope things with the shirts. I am so excited. Woo!!! Thank you so much. I can`t wait. It rained all day again Saturday so predictably I am very anxious for more warm clothes. It`s not too bad until the wind starts blowing and then...well you know how humid wind is. I also got letters 20, 21, and 22. Evidently pouch and regular mail are the same. Also, I got two letters from Grandma.

Also, I`ve been wondering where you talked to Kyle`s mom?? But thanks again for the address. I`m debating between writing him or waiting for his letter. I did end up writing to Holly and just sending it to her home and figuring that at least her parents could send it on.

Hey good news, I took my shoe to a shoe fixer dude and he`s gluing it and sewing it for 60 pesos (about 3.50). Also, when I was in Montevideo last week, we went shopping and I discovered that in a pinch, I could purchase a pair of shoes here (yes they fit). So in the event of an emergency, I could request permission and there are shoes (not a lot), but they exist to purchase in my size. Good news there too. Every day I learn a little bit more about life here and consequently feel more relaxed about things here.

So my roommate Ben goes into the MTC in a week and a half. Also Jeff Rodeback is on a mission in Alaska right now. :)

Just out of curiosity, who are Bishop Rock`s two counselors?

So life here in the mission is good. This past week was kind of fail...just kind of. we didn`t have as many lessons and I just felt like our productivity had gone down. So we talked about different techniques and tactics today in our planning session, so now we should have a better week. I`m excited. Also it didn`t help with the weather this weekend. It didn`t rain Sunday, but the rain on Saturday shut the country down, unfortunately. That happens a lot here. If it rains, the country shuts down.

Hard to believe that we are starting week 3 of this change/June is half over tomorrow. It occurred to me today that Patrick will be graduating in less than a year. Hmmm. There have been some roadblocks in the whole baptisms things and due to marriages and whatnot, we won`t have as many baptisms as we were hoping for this change. Hopefully we can have at least one though...

Wow, my wrist really hurts from typing. That`s what happens when it gets out of shape. rawr.

Oh look it`s raining again...that`ll help my clothes dry. Fail.

Our area is large but there are buses that run along the routes. We take them occasionally but most of the time we just walk.

Hey when are you guys planning on going to New York. Just curious. More than likely it`ll come and go before I know what happened. I can`t honestly explain the bizarreness of time out in the mission field. Dad might have an idea, I don’t know, but it`s weird.

Welp, there ain`t much more to report from this hemisphere. Thanks so much again for the packages. I`m stoked. !!!

Oh, the world cup is going on right now. You probably have no idea, but here it`s HUGE. I got to watch the first goal actually. Some South African dude scored the first goal of the 2010 world cup. Uruguay is playing, obviously, and it`s absolutely ridiculous. I thought rain shut the country down...that ain`t nothing compared to a world cup game with Uruguay playing. Wow. President told us to have lessons planned or be in the house doing weekly planning. Because seriously it dies and nobody will come out of their houses at all. That`s all I got for now.

Take care of yourselves :) Peace to all.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment