DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, June 7, 2010

Week 22

Holy Cow

Monday, June 7, 2010 8:41 AM

Wow,

Life has been pretty good. The work is progressing nicely. We have pdays on Monday, district meetings Tuesday morning, and then we just do the work. We have lots of success.

I got letters 18 and 19 and a letter from Grandma. I also got back my letter I had sent to Holly. I had sent one about 3 weeks out into the field and just now got it back because of who knows why. Yeah, don`t ask questions. That probably explains why she didn`t write sooner.

Anyways, we had 5 investigators in church yesterday but the best part was that we reactivated 4 people. One family and then another lady. Reactivations are just as good as baptisms. To be reactivated, you must attend church 3 consecutive weeks. So yeah, that`s pretty sweet.

I am a bit sick again. Just a cold. But my head is all stuffed up and it`s not too fun. Hopefully it`ll go away soon.

Next week, Elder Nomani and I are trying to go to the distribution center so we might have our pday changed to Tuesday. Just fyi.

Thanks for Kyle`s address. Does he know about my new address? I have yet to receive a letter from him.

I don`t know when we go to the temple, if ever. I think people may go very rarely (I`ve heard of President taking people for zone conference), but it`s rare.

Anyways, we`re trying to help even more people this week stop smoking. That, too, is a huge issue here. I`m really hoping that we can have some good quality baptisms this change. We have investigators. It`s mostly just the marriage thing.

Have fun at girls camp this week. That should be a good time like always. It`s kind of hard to believe that we are in June already. Weird stuff. My sense of time and life is so drastically screwed up here in the mission. It`s bizarre to the extreme. We had a thing today where we had to sign papers for immigration so I got to see my MTC district again. That was pretty awesome. They`re a blast to be around.

Anyways, I don`t know what else to write about. Thanks for your prayers and whatnot. I`ve been surviving so far with the cold. Hopefully I`ll get the package within the next two weeks (probably at zone conference, I guess). Love all of you guys. Oh, I would like to have Holly`s address too, since I don`t know where she is this summer. :)

Thanks for everything. Take care.

Love Always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment