DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 15

aupa

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 11:56 AM

hello family who lives in Colorado.

I am here in Uruguay sending messages of greetings via this thing they call the internet. Sweet times. Anyways, this past week was pretty good, I suppose. The weeks and days kind of just blur together...that`s what happens when it`s the same routine day after day. Anyways, Elder Apaza is getting transferred and my new comp is Elder Nomani...I haven`t met him yet as I`m currently at the huge bus station/mall/whoopie doo with a ton of missionaries. We all meet here and then break off for our various destinations. The other two elders in my house did not get changed. Anyways Elder Nomani, from what I`ve heard, is taller than I am by a substantial margin and from Samoa. He is awesome everybody says so I`m excited to meet him and start. We have a couple families that have a very good potential to be baptized so we hope to set some dates within the next week or so and give them a goal to progress towards.

Okay so this past week has been filled with water. Tuesday night at about 8:00, it started raining and didn`t stop until 3:00 Thursday afternoon...and then rained periodically throughout Thursday evening. On the plus side, my rain jacket is awesome with a capital boo yah. It`s amazing and all of the water just flows right off of it. Consequently, my entire upper body was warm and dry (thanks to the other jacket I bought). From my knees down, I was completely drenched and I pretty much walked around in puddles of water all day in my shoes...and I kind of have a tiny fear with regards to wet feet all day but it hasn`t been a problem. I`m beginning to think about boots...they said they were optional and could be bought down here, neither of which are really true. I haven`t decided yet how necessary boots are, but I`m thinking it might be nice to have some. The thing is that days of rain result in me putting wet shoes on day after day because it makes no sense to get both pairs of shoes wet, so I use the same wet pair day after day.

And speaking of rain, I think it gave me a cold. so consequently I have/had a ridiculous hard time breathing...shallow breaths and my resting heart rate is somewhere around 80 or 90, as opposed to 55-60 like usual. It`s getting better though.

Now it`s just about 304% humidity with clear skies. I woke up last night so wet and sweaty that I could have wrung out my clothes and produced enough water to satisfy all of Africa...it was horrible, so yeah.

Anyways, I got some mail...I got the letter #12 with the case, thank you, as well as 3 letters from Grams...they finally caught up to me, 2 dear elder letters from Bishop and a letter from Cy. Oh and a postcard from Dad.

That`s cool about Travis. Glad he`s doing well. and Grandma did tell me about Brennan. that`s cool.

There`s not much to write about this week...it was mostly filled with rain, humidity and hard breathing, but it`s getting better. It`s kind of hard to believe that one change is gone.

Have a great week. Next week it`ll be on Monday again. Only on Tuesdays every 6 weeks during transfers.

Love always,

DJ



P.S. My new comp is great. He`s about 2 inches taller than me and huge. He played football for Oregon State. Anyways, peace out until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment