DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 14

Monday, April 12, 2010 4:57 PM

Hello all,

How is everybody in the good ole northern hemisphere? Doing well I hope. I have no idea what the southern cross looks like for certain but I`m pretty sure I know what it is. There is a big "cross" looking thing that is pretty much the brightest stars in the sky. So yeah, that`s pretty cool.

Yes, I am healthy. I have adapted to the smoke I think, and it no longer gives me problems unless it is really heavily concentrated and even then it is not too bad.

Let`s see, investigators...we`re actually teaching two families right now. A younger couple with 4 kids, they seem really interested and if we can get them to church, I think they`ll be baptized. We`ll see though. And the other is an older couple (no kids at home). They are a reference from the branch president and they are golden. We taught them twice last week (the first time on Tuesday) and they already attended church (yesterday)...so I`m hoping that they will get baptized. I think that they definitely have been prepared...we`ll see. We have a couple of other really good investigators who have a potential to be baptized if we can get them to keep commitments, so time will tell with those. But yeah, we`ve got some good investigators and we also teach a lot of recent converts and less actives. This area had, in the past, some issues with missionaries baptizing for numbers and not for souls so there is a fairly large number of people who got baptized to promptly go inactive. Not good. That`s the proselyting side of things here...pretty much.

Thanks for the sending the packages. I`ll get them some time in August, I think. Nah, jk, but seriously I don`t know when they`ll arrive, but good stuff anyways. Next week is transfers...we`ll find out next Sunday night who is getting transferred (or if we`ll all be staying). More than likely, I will not be getting transferred, but you never know.

Um, Elder Apaza has been out just shy of 13 months. He passed his 1 year mark while I was here. He joined the church about 4 years ago. And half of his family is in the church. Other than that I don`t know much. Really, I just know that he is really trying to learn English so that he can get a job when he returns home. (a good job). He told me that there aren`t too many jobs available in Peru. So yeah.

Also, we had interviews today with President. He`s awesome, so yeah. good times.

That`s all for the email I think. Glad everything is going well at home. Next week Pday is on Tuesday I believe because of changes. Just fyi. Have a great week. Thanks for sending stuff (even though it`s still in transit). Say hi to all.

Love Always,


DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment