DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 6

cheers

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:30 PM

Hello again peeps.

Life is good. This last week was kind of interesting in that I got sick (stomach issues/diarrhea) for about 2 days or so, and I ended up only going proselyting for 2 hours with a different (newer) group of elders. So yeah...no interesting stories, but it was definitely still a good experience. I´m kind of excited to go back out this week and see what happens.

As far as other mail goes, it works a little bit differently now...we get mail on Wednesday nights for the whole previous week. So, just fyi. I figure it doesn´t matter to you guys. Anyways, I got the Valentine´s Day card, #5, Dad´s letter, Grandma´s letter, and aunt Margaret´s letter. Thanks so much. I was so happy last night. It was giggle heaven.

Um, ankles are doing well. Two weeks ago, I managed to sprain my right ankle again. The right one was the one I sprained really badly last summer, it was the left one I sprained the day before I left. Anyways, they´re both doing great. I can walk just fine. I just stepped in some soft dirt when I went to jump (we were throwing the frisbee around) and I slipped. I guess I´m supposed to be learning something from all this, I just hope I learn it fast because I´m tired of spraining them. But please don´t worry about them. They´re great, and they´re not keeping me from anything I might otherwise be doing.

Oh, before I forget, I leave here the 9th of March at some ungodly hour (like 5 am or something). Just fyi, if mail gets to the MTC after I leave, they´ll just forward to the mission, I believe.

The noobs got here today. Fun times. It´s so weird to think that I´ve already been here a full transfer and that I´m part of the oldest group. Bizarreness x4. And yes, my friend from my ward is here. It´s good to see him again. Fun times.

So, I´ve developed a new found appreciation for piano and music and iggity-biggity like that. It´s fun times. I´m pretty much the only person here who feels comfortable playing a majority of the hymns, so yeah. Sauce. Anyways, my companion is a music major and big into singing, playing, and arranging music, so we´re attempting to arrange a special music number for sacrament meeting sometime. The thought right now is to arrange The Spirit of God with Praise to the Man. That´s the plan anyways, we´ll see how it works out in practice, but I´ll keep you posted.

By the way, if you want to send a few pictures here and there, I would be cool with that.


Mom asked about Spanish. It´s going pretty well actually, especially with gospel topics. My vocabulary isn´t very big yet, but it´s growing, so especially with things outside of the gospel, it´s often very hard to talk about them with any sense of coherency. But I´m getting to the point where I either can translate very quickly in my head before spitting out something or I don´t need to translate at all (depending on what I say) Anyways, I´m pleased. I´d be comfortable going out into the field right now to teach, and with 3 weeks more practice, I´ll definitely be ready. We knew more 2 weeks ago then the people from Provo do when they leave the MTC after 2 months. This place is awesome for that. I think that Mother´s Day will be ok (as in my English will still be mostly coherent), but I´m excited to see how Christmas time will turn out. :D woo!

It´s amazing how much stuff you have to memorize here. It´s crazy beans. Aside from the daily vocab and lessons and stuff, we have to have memorized D&C 4, the first vision, the lessons, principles, and commitments, our purpose, and the baptismal interview questions (all in Spanish) before we leave. Fun times. In addition to all that, I´m also memorizing good scriptures to know in Spanish. It´s a lot, but it´s also very fun. I´m kind of getting tired of the MTC, well I guess more eager to get out there, but yeah, whatev.

Have a great week. And don´t forget to watch out for flying plates of small children and puppies. ;)

Love Always,
DJ



forgot

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:33 PM



oops, I forgot to answer one of mom´s questions

Lots of veggies (especially squash and spinach unfortunately). I eat most of them, but they like to make cakes out of spinach and squash which is disgusting. we have endearingly termed those meals as Green Bricks of Death. Anyhoo, I´ve definitely eaten a load more spinach here than I ever have in my life, but I can eat it in moderation. And some fish too, but that´s not too bad. And I´m sure I´ve probably eaten the majority of a cow. I just don´t know for sure. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment