DJ with his new washer

DJ with his new washer
Piedra Alta, Uruguay

Ramon's Baptism

Ramon's Baptism

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

DJ and new Companion Elder Craynor

Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 29

Parental figures and offspring,

How are you all? This week absolutely flew by. I seriously don`t know what happened.

Well life continues on here in Minas. The work is good. As much as I was enjoying it before, I`m actually enjoying it more now. We are doing some new things as a result of the conference last week and I`m really enjoying it. Yesterday, we had a first visit with some lady and put a baptismal date with her...the only thing is that she doesn`t live in our area. She lives in Montevideo, so we`ll be sending her information along.

The first picture on here is me, Elder Carlock and Elder Nomani (when I was still in Toledo)

The second is of the baptism we had here my first week. Sauce.

Anyways life is really good. It`s hard to believe that this is the last week of July.

Oh hey, I was going to ask you guys to see if you could find and send (eventually, there`s no rush) a really advanced spanish book. I`m kind of looking for more to study. I don`t know what`s available, but maybe you could look around and peruse.

Third picture is this last change in Toledo. Zone picture. Check out Elder Nomani in the back middle. :)

And the 4th is a good picture of me.

Oh and yes, I`m feeling better. Thanks for asking. I`m good to go.

About food, yes it is slightly different, but only in the sense that people here are more well off in general so we have tended to eat more expensive foods. That`s what I`ve noticed so far. We also have more desserts here. In Toledo, desserts are mostly fruit which is actually really good, but here they tend to have more dessert stuff (which if I described it, it wouldn`t make any sense). So just accept that there are desserts more here.

This 5th pic is my district in the MTC with our night teacher, Hermana Dàvila.

Anyhoo, my comp is sweet and we get along well enough. Sorry for the lack of Minas pictures. We didn`t get out to do our district activity today. Next week, I should have some. Have fun this week and travel safely. Hi to all.

Love always,

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment